Who's Who of the Sierra

gnarseeyuh
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Who's Who of the Sierra

Postby gnarseeyuh » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Introduce your weird selves her.

Truly says something about a person when they're excited about the idea of taking a piece of junk and forcing it to travel 500 miles through unknown terrain with strangers. You are my people.

/gnar - young'n who moved to the mountains from the city after school, because fuck the rat race. Landed a sweet outdoor industry job and haven't looked back. I like building things, breaking things, fixing things, unmuffled internal combustion engines and pushing machines to their limit. Did I mention I like to break things occasionally? Getting better with a wrench, the only thing I haven't touched is engine internals- and that's because I don't have a garage at the moment. Blew my 4.0 up last spring and spent the summer figuring out how to swap and recondition motors in my dirt driveway. I enjoy adventures with hidden variables and subjecting my friends so said "variables..." because who wants to tell the story of when everything went as planned? I've had a couple jeeps, couple mustangs, tried the AWD turbo thing out until she could no longer drive straight (figure that one out). Currently trying to save some $$ to finish building a 351 Windsor I have set aside for a rallyfox. The roads out here sure are fun to drive in 2wd...

Why head up the SNG500? I had honestly been planning a route out here for the last 4 or 5 months (seriously- I put a ton of time into this prior to knowing the event existed) and the video popped up on facebook. Saw the call to action for individual chapters and said "FUCK YEAH, THIS IS HAPPENING." So now we're here. Sorry in advance, the 2016 route isn't for pussies.
/gnar - Shepherd of the Sierra Shit-Rigs

98 2d XJ 4.0L | 94 ZJ 5.2L co-project | 02 Polaris RMK 800 | 01 XR400 |351W Foxbody sleeper in progress
WunderMonkey
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Re: Who's Who of the Sierra

Postby WunderMonkey » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Hell. Yes. I am pants tighteningly excited about this silliness.
I'm Tyler. Religiously devoted to cars since just about birth. The only thing is love as much as cars is outdoorsy stuff and being a little weird. This is very much my jam. I used to race (SOLO I & II), then I got into Overlanding. A little bit of a punk hippie and dedicated Chiver.
My rig "Lana" (Lana Kane) is being delivered right about exactly now actually. Never saw her before I threw my money down. Not sure what I got other than she is supposed to run for the most part and looks exactly like a 89 Trooper. ABG, amiright?!
Did I mention I am excited?
gonzo
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby gonzo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:05 pm

My name is Michael and I've been down in the Mojave desert and the Sierras for two years now. I do a lot of dirtbiking and general offroad stuff, and I have a bunch of buddies who are the same. We like to wrench on stuff, so when we saw this pop up we all knew what had to be done. Just a warning, we are rolling with a BADASS shit rig, maybe the best possible for this type of race, so y'all are gonna have to come correct.
gnarseeyuh
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby gnarseeyuh » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:50 pm

gonzo wrote:My name is Michael and I've been down in the Mojave desert and the Sierras for two years now. I do a lot of dirtbiking and general offroad stuff, and I have a bunch of buddies who are the same. We like to wrench on stuff, so when we saw this pop up we all knew what had to be done. Just a warning, we are rolling with a BADASS shit rig, maybe the best possible for this type of race, so y'all are gonna have to come correct.

If by come correct, you mean show up with an incapable van that holds about 8 rad people with a periscope and a weird theme, then yes. We are coming correct.

98 2d XJ 4.0L | 94 ZJ 5.2L co-project | 02 Polaris RMK 800 | 01 XR400 |351W Foxbody sleeper in progress
TahoeGamblin
kitten
Local Gambler Location: Sierra Nevada/NorCal

Postby TahoeGamblin » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:34 pm

If by come correct, you mean show up with an incapable van that holds about 8 rad people with a periscope and a weird theme, then yes. We are coming correct.[/quote]

Well, this calls into question the level of hardcore our rig needs to be, seeing as we may or may not have looked at the Cherokee full of bees...
WunderMonkey
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby WunderMonkey » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:15 pm

We are going for a James Bond theme with retractable paint ball gun and beer tap.

Hopefully.

Not as Gambler-ific as the other, but you know, BEER!
TahoeGamblin
kitten
Local Gambler Location: Sierra Nevada/NorCal

Postby TahoeGamblin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:56 am

Allright, may as well get it out of the way. I'm tahoegamblin, but most people call me Aidan. I'm in Tahoe City, so I've got a decent grasp of the surrounding area. I can swing a wrench and turn a hammer with the best of them, which is to say I'm a pretty crap mechanic. I plan on making up for my lack of skill by a) choosing our vehicle wisely, b) bringing along some capable teammmates, and c) pure dumb luck. Currently, we're arguing over what POS we should acquire (one side says something mechanically strong, like a jeep - the other side is leaning towards the Firebird wasting away in the neighbor's driveway). We plan on attempting to run two if not three Gamblers in a single year because we're gluttons for punishment, so we're eyeing SoCal and NorCal as well.
gnarseeyuh
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby gnarseeyuh » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:50 pm

We've just acquired the rig, picking her up next weekend. 15 person van, rwd (should be interesting) 360V8, a radder than hell paint job and even a roof rack we got thrown in for free. Super pumped to start hacking shit apart.

gnarseeyuh
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby gnarseeyuh » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:51 pm

WunderMonkey wrote:We are going for a James Bond theme with retractable paint ball gun and beer tap.

Hopefully.

Not as Gambler-ific as the other, but you know, BEER!

Not going to lie, pretty excited about this.

gnarseeyuh
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby gnarseeyuh » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:20 pm

@gonzo - I need to get you the brief doc. Hit me up.

Return to “Sierra Nevada”