Dodge neon new gambler

WARMECH
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Dodge neon new gambler

Postby WARMECH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:50 am

Hello I have a welding shop tools duct tape and zipties at my disposal can anyone give any ideas or advice for a new gambler I'm from the central Cali gamblers it will be my first time and hoping to participate I have a week to get ready and not much money thank you 8-) 300$ 99' Dodge neon 2door
No life + fun vehicle + great friends = great time
Beavis
kitten
Local Gambler Location: Houston TX

Re: Dodge neon new gambler

Postby Beavis » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Not sure what terrain you'll be facing. But i'd do the free stuff. Lighten it up(ditch the interior and uneeded doors, trunk lid, etc), get as much clearance as you can(sawzall the fenders, clearance the exhaust if it hangs low. Keep it running with fluids in it. Cut the roof out if its warm there. Bring spare tires or at least a patch kit and know someone with a compressor.

Most importantly, have FUN!
WARMECH
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby WARMECH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Thank u I was thinking about welding some sheet metal in the bottom to avoid losing my oilpan does it have to be very thick?
No life + fun vehicle + great friends = great time
Peon
kitten
Local Gambler Location: Detroit

Postby Peon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 am

With my 1998 Plymouth Neon you can't fit tires any bigger then 185's unless you get spacers.
GREATCORNHOLIO
kitten
Local Gambler Location:

Postby GREATCORNHOLIO » Tue May 22, 2018 12:14 pm

That year neon if you swap out the springs for 2nd gen neon springs (2000-2005) you get a few inch lift!
I do NOT recommend cutting the roof any more than just a sun roof. 1st gen neons are not that stiff especially 2 doors.
tip, make half doors or something cuz those doors on 2 door neons is a LOT of weight.

Return to “Build Threads”